Thursday, April 26, 2012

Chapter 5 (Decisions)

Last Time:

Shawn walked out looking very disappointed. What he said was true but I can't leave Idris at lease not right now my mom as right I gotta stop pissing him off. I sat up in my bed and Tavia was still asleep on my chest. I grabbed the mirror Shawn left and looked at myself really good. Looking at myself caused me to become angry all over again so I took the mirror and through it across the room. Then I started crying again but I was interrupted by some lady in a business suit.


(Kathy) Hi I'm Kathy from child protective services.
(Beyonce) What the hell


Now..


Kathy: I'm here to talk to you about Tavia. 
Beyonce: You are not taking my daughter away from me
Kathy: Mrs. Brooks please calm down, I don't want to take Tavia away from
Beyonce: Ch-
Kathy: The decision is yours. Living with your husband is not a safe place for you or Tavia. Now I can't control if you leave or stay but I can control what happens to Tavia.
Beyonce: So what are you saying?
Kathy: I'm saying when the hospital release you tomorrow Tavia can't return to that home so you have to provide proof that Tavia will not be returning to that home and if you can't Tavia will have to come with us until you do.
Beyonce: What kind of proof?
Kathy: A rental agreement of your new home. 
Beyonce: Thats it?
Kathy: Yep, and after that we will be making trips to your home a few times a week on different days and at different times just so we can make sure Tavia is actually living there. Now Mrs. Brooks I know Idris is Tavia's father but he is allowed no contact with her until he show proof of him receiving help. We only have Tavia's best entrees at heart. So with that being said the decision is yours you have to choose between your daughter and your husband.
Beyonce: What if I can't find a house by tomorrow
Kathy: You are smart I'm sure you can figure it out. You can contact your family members or friends. I'm sure they won't mind you staying with them until you can get yourself together.
Beyonce: What ever are we finish now 
Kathy: Yes we are i'll see you tomorrow 
Beyonce: What ever.


I can't believe this shit how am I suppose to find somewhere to go between now and tomorrow. Staying with my mom is out of the question and Kelly lives with her mom so that wont work either. Ugggg Oh my god this can't be happening. 


Mathew: Knock knock can I come in
Beyonce: Sure daddy
Mathew: Hey baby how are you feeling
Beyonce: Horrible. 
Mathew: How many times has he hit you 
Beyonce: A few
Mathew: And your just not telling your mom and I about it
Beyonce: I told mom and she said I have to stop pissing him off
Mathew: She said WHAT!!!
Beyonce: Dad please don't yell you are gona wake up Tavia
Mathew: Beyonce I didn't raise you like this. I thought I raise a strong women.
Beyonce: Daddy you did
Mathew: I can't tell you letting this fool treat your face like a punching bag. What is wrong with you Beyonce? I should you now for being so stupid you have a daughter do you wont her to start thinking this is ok>
Beyonce: Daddy I'm sorry ok
Mathew: You don't have to apologize to me, what you should be doing is apologizing to yourself. Beyonce you gotta learn to love yourself
Shawn: Thats what I was telling her
Beyonce: What are you doing back here
Mathew: Who is this?
Shawn: I'm Shawn Carter sir I was the person who stopped her husband from killing her.
Mathew: Well thank you I really appreciate what you did for my daughter. Beyonce imma leave and let the two of you talk
Beyonce: Daddy you don't have to leave
Mathew: Actually I do I have a couple of choice words for your mother so i'll just see you tomorrow 
Beyonce: Ok


My dad kissed Tavia on the forehead then he left. He was basically telling me the same thing Shawn was telling me earlier today and I think they are both right. When did I become so weak and stupid. My father didn't raise me like this and I have daughter who looks up to me.


Shawn: Beyonce I brought you and Tavia some food
Beyonce: Thank you but you really didn't have to
Shawn: I know but I wanted to
Beyonce: Well thanks
Shawn: I see you took my advice and look at yourself in the mirror
Beyonce: And how do you know that
Shawn: Because I see my mirror broken on the floor on the other side of the room 
Beyonce: I'm sorry about that I'll get you another one I promise
Shawn: *laughs* Don't worry about it I knew you would probably do that.
Beyonce: I was thinking about what you said and you are right. I need to leave him but I don't want to press charges so I'm just gonna move out his house tomorrow when I get out of here.
Shawn: Well I'm happy you made up your mind. You're making the right decision Beyonce.
Beyonce: Thanks
Shawn: So what made you change your mind
Beyonce: CPS said they are gona take Tavia away from me if I don't find a new place to stay without Idris by tomorrow.
Shawn: So where are you gonna stay
Beyonce: Honestly I don't know
Shawn: Well I still have my guest house you can stay in for as long as you want
Beyonce: Normally I would turn down the offer but I have to do this for Tavia so thank you
Shawn: No problem. But I should go I gotta get the guest house ready for you
Beyonce: Ok!!


After Shawn left I woke Tavia up so we can eat and then we took a walk around the hospital she wanted to go look at babies. Then we went to the cafeteria and got some ice-cream and return to the room and feel asleep. The next morning the CPA lady and Shawn came back and we explained to her the situation and she approved thank god. Then Shawn and I went to Idris house to pack up my things before he is released out of jail. Kelly and Solo said they was coming over to help Shawn and I with the packing but all they was doing was talking and playing with Tavia which was ok I guess. 


Kelly: Can Solange and I talk to you for a minute Bey 
Beyonce: Sure!! Shawn could you start bringing the boxes out of Tavia's room upstairs
Shawn:Sure
Beyonce: What's up


Kelly and Solange had a heart to heart with me about the whole situation and I couldn't believe what they where saying to me it caused me to break completely down. I knew they was saying it out of love but it still hurt my feeling but we talked for a good 20 minutes before Shawn came back and joined us in the living room.


Shawn: Are we ready to go
Beyonce: Everything in the truck that quick
Shawn: Yep!!
Beyonce: Well then I guess we are



We almost out the house and guess who walked in.... smh


Idris: What the hell ya'll doing in my house.
Solange: We was just leaving 
Shawn: Look you need to watch your mouth around Tavia
Idris: Don't tell me how to speak around my daughter in my house muthafucking house
Shawn: I don't give a fu-
Beyonce: Shawn!! lets just leave. Come on Tavia
Shawn: Fine!!
Tavia: I hate you daddy
Beyonce: Tavia-
Idris: O so now you turned my daughter against me
Beyonce: Lets go ya'll
Idris: You not going anywhere with my daughter.
Beyonce: Look you see these papers. 


Idris took the papers from me and started reading them


Beyonce: Right!!! So if you don't CPA to come take Tavia I suggest you move now


I guess Idris couldn't handle the fact the CPA would come get Tavia so he moved and let us out the door with out another word.


We arrived at Shawn's guesthouse in 20 minutes. Shawn helped us bring the boxes in then he said something about having some work to do so I told him thank you and he left. Tavia fell asleep in the car during the drive over here so I put in her new bedroom and I guess she was comfortable because she stayed sleep the whole time. As soon came out of Tavia's bedroom Kelly and Solange started questioning me about Shawn.


Kelly: So whats going on between you and Shawn
Beyonce: Nothing we are just friends and he is helping me with my music
Solange: Are you sure thats it
Beyonce: Yes I'm not even divorced yet
Kelly: And what do that mean? Idris is an asshole it wouldn't be called cheating 
Beyonce: Kelly I'm not ready for another relationship right now. My face hasn't heeled yet. Its just gona be Tavia and I for a while now
Solange: Well I'm happy for you sis
Kelly: Yea me too
Beyonce: Thanks


Kelly and Solange was helping me unpack when my phone starting ringing.


Kelly: Who is that?
Solange: It's probably Idris
Beyonce: Actually its my mom


To Be Continued......

































3 comments: